No doubt about it, it can be tricky to spot fake news from real news; the sites seem real and the news itself seems real. It can be both a headache and embarrassing when you find that you shared a fake news story. Thankfully, however, spotting a fake leftist is far easier than spotting fake news. So in light of the Holiday season, I have put together this handy list of symptoms which fake leftists espouse. Read and enjoy!
- Communism is about the eradication of all forms of oppression and exploitation; if the Leftist in question can only talk about the “evils” of Feminism, Queer visibility, and race studies, all while denouncing it as “Identity Politics” and “postmodernism”, then you have a fake Leftist.
- If the Leftist runs their mouth about needing to “join together” in order to “defeat capitalism” and this “join together” is encoded as a class reductionist analysis, then you have a fake Leftist—there is more to communist theory then the working class versus the exploiting class.
- If the Leftist spends more time joking about ice-picking Trots then providing cogent deconstructions of contemporary capitalism and its manifold manifestations, then you have a fake Leftist.
- If the Leftist is a Dengist, then they are a fake Leftist. If they are a Naz-Bol, then they are not only a fake Leftist, but a fascist piece of filth. In either case, struggle will be required for them to be overcome.
- If the Leftist belittles “SJW logic”, “Political Correctness”, social justice in general, then they are a fake Leftist; communism is more than simple social justice, but it also does, nevertheless, comprise a portion of its ideological drive from social justice thanks to its merciless resistance against all forms of oppression. If the Leftist in question doesn’t understand intersectionality and how social justice is needed to fight against oppression, then they are a fake Leftist.
- If the Leftist refuses to conduct self-criticisms and investigate communities and theory which they are at odds with, then they are a fake Leftist. Part of being a communist is to learn and create syntheses, to push Leftist theory to a model capable of battling capitalism; when we hold views which run contrary to this fact and discover that they are incorrect, a self-criticism is needed. Refusing to provide one is a symptom of a fake Leftist.